Nova Scotia Minor Ball Hockey LeagueCode of Conduct
We ask that all players and parents read and commit to the NSMBHL Code of Conduct
- I will respect my opponents.
- I will play ball hockey because I want to, not just because my parents, my friends, others or coaches want me to.
- I will play by the rules of the League and in the spirit of the game.
- I will do my best to be a true team player.
- I will support my teammates, attend all possible games and arrive on time.
- I will remember that winning isn't everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends are more important.
- I will acknowledge all good plays/performances by those of my team and also my opponents.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and advise and will always be respectful.
- I will remember that participants play ball hockey for their enjoyment. They are not playing to entertain me.
- I will have realistic expectations of all participants.
- I will respect the official's decisions and I will encourage the participants to do the same.
- I will never ridicule a player or official for making a mistake.
- I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage fair play and good effort.
- I will condemn the use of violence or bad behavior in any form.
- I will speak to coached and official with respect at all times.
- I will show respect for my team's opponents, because, without them, there would be no game.
- I will use polite language and will be respectful of all players, coaches, officials, or other spectators.
- I will not force my child to participate and remember that my child plays for his or her own enjoyment, not mine.
- I will remember that the League is a community-based league operating for the benefit of the community.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts in a sportsmanlike manner.
- I will teach my child doing one's best is important, so they will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will focus on fun and good effort.
- I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child's team and their opponents.
- I will never question the official's judgment or honesty in public.
Coaches & League Officials
- I will be reasonable in scheduling games, remembering that parents have other interests and obligations.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and respect the rules, officials, and opponents.
- I will ensure that all players get equal instructions, support, and playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at anyone.
- I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that the players' equipment and the League facilities are safe.
- I will remember that participants need a coach they can respect.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
- I will work in cooperation with the league officials for the benefit of the League and each one of our players..