Motivated by the success and growth of the Halifax Minor Ball Hockey League (founded in 2018, now 200 players) we are forming a boarder organization intended to bring together Ball Hockey supporters across Nova Scotia. Our goal is to help organize, support and share information that will help the sport of Ball Hockey grow.
We will work to develop new youth leagues in different communities.
Our first addition will be Sackville which is now live for registration. Other communities of interest are Enfield, Dartmouth, Bedford, Truro, Antigonish, and Sydney. This expansion will take place one league at a time and likely over a few years. Volunteer time, player interest and facility availability will be huge factors in our success. We will also welcome existing youth leagues to join us. If you run or league and would like to learn more, contact us at email@example.com .
The NSMBHL will offer programs in the following age groups, U8, U10, U12, U14, U17
All age groups will play a cross rink 3×3 or 4×4 format. The U17 division may opt to play over the full arena surface.
Games will be played both indoor and outdoor. Cost per league may differ depending on the cost to rent the facility. ie the outdoor rink at Gorsebrook is less expensive than renting an indoor dry ice rink.
Our initial intention is:
- To encourage and support the growth of Ball Hockey across Nova Scotia
- To make Ball Hockey a welcoming sport where players of all levels have the potential to play and develop.
- To bring like minded people and leagues together to help grow Ball Hockey.
- To gather and share information that can help interested people promote the sport of Ball Hockey.
- To develop and promote a standard format and rules.
- To facilitate officials and coach education in effort to establish quality sport delivery.
- To promote tournament opportunities including provincial championships.
- To promote a return of Team Nova Scotia to the Canadian Ball Hockey Championships.
- To promote access to existing facilities and new Ball Hockey facility development.